My original blog after it has been cleaned up a bit. Not that this groundbreaking work, but I found some old posts, photos and clips that I may reuse.

01 January, 2006

Well, at least there's support groups


from the Sun Times:
GAME TIME: The Los Angeles Times recently did a story on the Madden NFL video game and the way it has turned into an obsession for many NFL players. Sales over the last 15 years have topped $1.5 billion, and since 2001, it's the top-selling video game in the country. Players are so fond of it, some brought complaints to John Madden while he toured the NFL on "Monday Night Football'' or directly to the company that makes the game. Michael Vick can't understand why he's not the fastest player in the game instead of Randy Moss. Corey Dillon thinks his overall rating is too low. Michael Clayton wants his tackling number higher, just in case he ever has to make a tackle during the game. But the best response of all came from Steelers running back Jerome Bettis.
"I had to quit cold turkey three years ago," Bettis told the newspaper. "I was up all night, all day. I just realized that, hey, I've got to do some other things with my time. It can be an addiction, man."

No comments: